FIRST-EVER MUSEUM EXHIBIT BASED ON DISNEY’S PEABODY AWARD-WINNING SERIES
Disney Junior brings its popular “Doc McStuffins” storytelling to communities in the first-ever touring museum exhibit based on the Peabody Award-winning television series. The exhibit, in partnership with The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, is designed to model “care and compassion” for kids age 2-6 in immersive activities that reinforce the importance of health and well-being. Presented by Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, “Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit” at Discovery Cube allows young “doctors-in- training” to visit the McStuffins Toy Hospital where they can perform check-ups and diagnose toy patients while learning about healthy habits, compassion and nurturing care.
*Disney character live appearances are not part of the exhibit.
Exhibit activities include:
- Giving toy patients check-ups in the Emergency Room.
- Performing “operations” on toys that need bigger fixes in the Operating Room.
- Diagnosing pet toys with X-ray scanning machines in the Pet Vet Clinic.
- Rocking baby dolls to sleep and helping them follow their bedtime routines in the Nursery.
- Before caring for their toys, young visitors will learn how to “scrub in” and practice good hygiene. The exhibit helps children learn the importance of healthy living, well-being and nurturing our bodies, and provides an opportunity for children to become comfortable in a healthcare setting.
Hosted by Lambie
Participate in activities that encourage the use of empathy and nurturing behaviors.
- Lead your baby doll through a naptime routine, including feeding a bottle, singing a lullaby, or rocking in the chair.
- Tuck your baby into bed and adjust the nightlight
- Give your baby a bath and change its diaper.
Hosted by Stuffy
- Scan your pet using a pretend CAT scan machine. Hear Doc’s diagnosis and treatment for your pet.
- Give your pet a pretend bath then dry and comb its hair.
- Turn a crank to recharge your pet’s energy level.
- Change the “water” in the fish tank by filling it with new, clean balls.
- Feed the fish using balls as pretend fish food.
- Place your pet in its home so it can rest up.
Emergency Room and Operating Room
Hosted by Hallie
- Set your toy on the check-up table and perform an exam.
- Enter your patient’s diagnosis in the Big Book of Boo Boos, then email it digitally to yourself.
- Practice mending a ripped toy.
- Scrub in for an operation.
- Perform an operation.
- Inflate a toy that’s lost its air.
Interested in a field trip to see Doc McStuffins: The Exhibit? Complete our Inquiry Form or call (714) 913-5030 for more information.