Fall STEM Fest
Discovery Cube is joining forces with California State University Northridge and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory to present a day of hands-on activities and fun focusing on the environment and sustainability. This free event for all ages celebrates innovations in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and the critical role science and other STEM fields play in our world every day.
Fall STEM Fest will take place on the front yard of Discovery Cube Los Angeles, and will include many exciting and educational hands-on activities, a stage show and an inflatable obstacle course!
- Project Water: Are you in Sink? – Learn the importance of keeping our waterways, water sources, and associated areas pollution-free.
Learning stations include:
- Enviroscape- Differentiate between non-point source and point source pollution and understand general environmental issues related to a range of pollutants.
- Water Quality Testing- Learn about water quality by testing water from different places for the most important water quality parameters.
- Carbon Emissions- Understand human activities relating to energy that have resulted in increased carbon in the atmosphere and how that affects the pH of water.
- Weathering and Erosion- Discover the processes and impact involved in erosion and subsequent results of transport and deposition of materials into the oceans.
- Ocean Acidification- Experiment with waters of varying pH and learn how ocean acidification affects marine animals.
Make sure to register today, so you don’t miss this great event.
Fall STEM Fest is presented by: California State University Northridge, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and Discovery Cube Los Angeles.
*Activities, times and dates subject to change without notice.