The Science of Gingerbread
The sweetest season at the Cube returns this winter. The Science of Gingerbread is the Discovery Cube’s annual holiday tradition that runs from November 29th to January 5th, 2020. Join us for Southern California’s largest Gingerbread Competition and Display.
The Science of Gingerbread daily program includes:
- Can You Build it? Show: Using only wooden building blocks, families are invited to build and compete together in a variety challenges.
- Gingerbread Man Escape: Families and kids help the Gingerbread Man run, run as fast as he can by designing, building, and testing his escape vehicle.
- Design a Food Model: Kids practice the engineering design process by inventing and designing their own food model.
- Cookie Decorating: Kids learn about primary and secondary colors as they mix their own colored frosting and decorate their own sugar cookies.
- Tallest Tower Challenge: Families use only spaghetti and marshmallows to build the tallest tower. (Weekends only)
*Activities, times and dates subject to change without notice.
Discovery Cube LA’s 2019 Competition Winners are:
Our Earth: A Present to All Its Creatures: Director’s Engineer Award
Critters Winter Wonderland: Best Holiday Theme
All American Past Time: Best by a Member of the Cube
Christmas Millenium Falcon in Space: Best Youth 6-13
LA Kings Winter: Honorable Mention
Camp Out: Best by a Youth Group, Troop or Scout
Tierra del Sol Circus: Best by an Organization
All Snug On Their Rug: Best Animal Theme
Luna’s Moon House: Best Youth 5 & Under